Monday, January 11, 2010

AUTHORS OF OLD

I have always been a fan of authors born in the 19th and early 20th century. When these people told a story I felt as if they had lived some or all parts of what they were writing. The settings, the people and the story lines were written through the author's eyes and the feeling they were having in the telling of the story.

Harold Bell Wright one of my favorite authors would write a tender love story surrounded with a story centered in the good works of man. Fred Gipson's stories took place in the Hill Country of Texas and told of growing up on the frontier. The characters were very much like the people I knew in my little country community.

I have only mentioned two Authors with this post, but hopefully as I write this blog I will go more in-dept with their writing and talk more about other Authors and Books I have enjoyed a lifetime of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment